The Cayuga County Office of Tourism is open from 9:00am – 5:00pm Monday through Friday. In July and August, the office will be open from 10:00am – 2:00pm on Saturday as well.
Wednesday, June 29 – September 4 – The Cost of Freedom: Cayuga County in the Civil War – Cayuga Museum, 203 Genesee St., Auburn. The Cayuga Museum honors the 150th anniversary of the start of the Civil War with an original exhibit focusing on the experiences of local people during the conflict. The Museum’s own important collection of Civil War artifacts will be enhanced with treasured heirlooms loaned by local families: photographs, letters, uniforms, weapons and much more. A series of public programs all summer will expand the Civil War theme, watch for dates and times. www.cayuganet.org/cayugamuseum (315) 253-8051
– Auburn Doubledays Baseball – Class A professional baseball, farm team for Washington Nationals, New York-Penn League. 7PM start, Sun. 6PM, $. www.auburndoubledays.com (315) 255-2489
– Lake Ontario Counties’ Summer Fishing Derby – Lake Ontario, Fair Haven. Adult & youth derby categories include salmon, brown, lake, rainbow or steelhead trout & walleye. Prizes, $. www.loc.org (888) 733-5246
– Last Wednesday Poetry Read – Auburn Public Theater, 8 Exchange St., Auburn. Relax in a comfortable atmosphere, share your work with other poetry lovers and enjoy creative discussion and feedback. Wine/beer cash bar for those with proper I.D. $2 suggested donation at the door. 7:30 PM. www.auburnpublictheater.org (315)253-6669 Wednesday, June 29 – July 20
– Hairspray – Merry-Go-Round Playhouse, Rt. 38A, Auburn. Upstate NY’s most popular professional theater performing six large scale musicals each season. Hairspray takes you to Baltimore in 1962 and tells the story of Tracy Turnblad, a girl with big hair, a big heart and a big passion to dance. Great music, great dancing, great story; Hairspray has it all. www.merry-go-round.com (800) 457-8897
– Country Music at Dill’s Run – Dill’s Run Winery, 3862 State Route 90, Union Springs. “Country Music” Thursday evenings from 5 – 8pm. Singing a mix of classic country, romantic duets along with some contemporary country favorites, this musical act is sure to please. Advance tickets are $10, or $12 at the door. Entertainment & party platter included. Season tickets also available. www.dillsrun.com/vineyard.htm (315) 889-5007
– July 3 – Sterling Stage Festival Ameribeat – Sterling Stage Kampitheater, 274 Kent Rd., Sterling. 2nd annual event features a musical stew of world influence and pure American roots. www.sterlingstage.com (818) 212-9489 New York Prints of Mind Exhibition – Schweinfurth Memorial Art Center, 205 Genesee St., Auburn. Contemporary Limited Edition Prints. . Curated by Joe Scala, E.D., Stone Quarry Hill Art Park. Selections from the Universal Limited Art Editions collection. www.myartcenter.org (315) 255-1553