Mid-Lakes Navigation Cruises Prepare for Salty Fun
Batten down the hatches – buccaneers will be creating mayhem Aug. 10 aboard all Mid-Lakes Navigation cruises.
Yes, it’s time for the third annual Pirate Day!
Making his first appearance this year will be Capt. Jack.
“We’ll be doing whatever it takes to have fun,” says Capt. Jack, who will take over ships throughout the day. “I get adults and children to laugh and giggle and have fun—everyone totally enjoys this.”
Crewmembers will dress the part, and cruise-goers are encouraged to do so, too. Prizes will be awarded for best costumes.
If you don’t have your own gear, there’s no need to be a landlubber—pirate mugs, bandanas, eye patches, skull rings, earrings and swords will all be for sale.
Openings are available on the following cruises:
• Mailboat Cruise – 10 a.m.-1 p.m., on Skaneateles Lake. $23 adults; $17 children; $8 for an optional box lunch. Reservations required.
• Lunch Cruise – 11 a.m.-1 p.m., on Skaneateles Lake. $28 adults; $23 children. Reservations required.
• Lunch Cruise – 1-3 p.m., on the Erie Canal (leaves from Dutchman’s Landing, 7490 Hillside Road, Baldwinsville). $28 adults; $23 children. Reservations required.
• Capt. Hat’s Mighty Sights (sightseeing cruises) – 2 and 3 p.m., on Skaneateles Lake. $12 adults; $8 children; $38 family.
• Pirate Dinner Cruises – 6-9 p.m., on Skaneateles Lake and on the Erie Canal. $49 adults; $40 children. Reservations required.
• Take-Out Cruise – 6:30-8 p.m., on Skaneateles Lake. $15 adults; $10 children.