Finger Lakes Scenic Railway

System Passenger MapThe Finger Lakes Railway Corporation began operation on July 23, 1995. The investors purchased 118 miles of mainline track previously known as the Geneva Cluster from Conrail. The main track from Syracuse to Canandaigua was the New York Central’s Auburn Road which dates back to 1835. Other portions of the Finger Lakes Railway were once the Lehigh Valley (Geneva to Kendaia) and the Pennsylvania Railroad (Penn Yan to Watkins Glen).